September 04, 2003
You see, on one hand, Wenn is giving me all the green lights; on the other hand, Eugene is showing me that there's the red light; and in between, there is always that annoying or comforting amber.
Maybe it doesn't matter. Because at the end of the day, it is not me who can decide. And so, the story awaits its continuation and meanwhile, the journey continues.
I've been helping out at a second hand rental bookstore for the past 3 days. Pay's meagre but sure beats my bumming around at home, getting on my Dad's nerves (as he gets on mine), increasing my myopia condition by staring 10 hours into PC (been there, done that), and the like.
But yet, I found out I don't work well under supervision. That's quite contrary to most people, i guess. Or is it not? Anyway, see the mistakes and the things I do when my lady boss is around and you'd probably think I'm like commonsense-less, one of 'em grads who know life from books but not life in reality. In fact, I do feel that way myself sometimes too. But hey, once my boss's back is turned, I do things nicely, my usual efficient way (I can't resist adding), and perhaps it's an entirely different way or working but sure gets the work done productively too. It's when I've to blend my way with her way of doing things that glitches happen. And the boo-boos are sometimes quite laughable.
Working at this bookstore is definitely not what I thought it was, and not the same as the one I've seen Anna experienced. Nope, no Hugh Grant, no Julia Roberts, no romance. Yes, stock-taking (ve I mentioned the store carries a real extensive range of magazines???), yes, wrapping and unwrapping magazines and books. Nothing romantic about this. Mundane? yes. That's why I've started to zap into screen saver mode when I do the magazines. And that's when I commit some stupid senseless mistakes.
Aside from this, I've been joining in the job hunt game again since yesterday. I kinda figured there must be better and more suitable jobs for me than waiting for the prison department to decide if they wanna shortlist me. So, juz keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
These days, fingers and toes don't seem to have a chance to uncross anymore. Thousand and one reasons to cross them, minute basis.
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 00:13